Join our team as Mechanical Design and Quality Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual to join our business as Mechanical Design and Quality Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our exciting technology startup at a crucial time in its growth.
The role will require key input into our product regulatory compliance processes, leading development of technical files, including risk assessments, FMEA, assembly and user manuals, and other associated supporting documentation. We are also working towards achieving ISO9001 certification, for which you will take an integral role in developing the processes and systems throughout our business. This will involve close work with all staff to ensure these guiding principles are implemented throughout.
We accommodate flexible and remote working where possible, though some aspects of this position will require an on-site presence.
Job title: Mechanical Design and Quality Engineer
Salary: £40,000 to £55,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits: Generous pension scheme, up to 9% matched contributions
Location: Colyton, Devon, GB
Job type: Permanent, full time
As part of a small and highly dynamic team, you will be expected to take on a range of responsibilities and challenges. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage mechanical design aspects of our new product development
- Develop and maintain risk assessments and failure mode effects analyses for product development
- Produce reports and provide documentation as necessary for new product regulatory compliance and technical file
- Develop, implement and maintain quality procedures for product assembly, including quality checks on incoming parts and assembled units, as well as a process for handling non conformance issues
- Define and maintain product installation processes and identification and qualification of potential subcontractors
- Identify, champion, manage and deliver continuous improvement within all areas of the business along ISO9001 principles
- Support the team in complying with the Quality Management System
- Perform internal audits of processes within the Quality Management System
- Oversee supply chain management processes for our products
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher education engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Relevant professional qualifications and certifications
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good IT skills, including office packages
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with good attention to detail
FSDA is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion in its workforce, and eliminating discrimination of any kind. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sectors of society and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination related to the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
ABOUT FSD ACTIVE LIMITED
At FSD Active Limited we value passion, technical excellence and innovation and a drive to solve real world problems. We are proud to have a culture which supports all our team members and fosters a positive work-life balance. We are focused on the development of advanced new technology for controlling vibrations in buildings. There is a huge market potential for this technology, which can reduce the carbon footprint of new buildings and is a key sustainable technology to contribute to Carbon Net Zero construction.
Founded in 2020, we have worked hard to develop the CALMFLOOR® damping system, which we are now bringing to the mass market. We are expanding our team to accelerate all aspects of our growth, especially our business development and marketing activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, highlighting your key skills and experience from previous relevant roles and education. Applications must be received by 18 March 2022 and we aim to interview candidates in the week commencing 21 March 2022.
For an informal discussion please contact Emma Hudson on 07365 439 420.